Friday 12 August 2011

Ribbet, ribbet

It's been a long day.  I've been busy trying to get a quilt top done with fabric from the Nicey Jane line.  I decided to do a zig zag with no triangles.  I've been roughly following this tutorial from Crazy Mum Quilts.  It's been quick and easy so far.  The only downside was I took a break.

When I went back I started happily sewing my basic blocks together in pairs to make the V shape.  Somehow i seem to have inverted my V's after the break.  Not sure how, but now it's time to get the stitch ripper out.  I can hear my teachers now "must pay more attention" whoops! Well, that's my evening planned.  A nice glass of Montbazillac to remind me of my last holiday, and unpicking...Maybe even some chocolate if I finish.

Progress photos over the weekend!  That should kick me into action.











2 comments:

  1. Hi Sasha, I've come over from the giveaway at Needles, Pins and Baking tins - congratulations on your win! Well done for starting a blog - I started mine about three weeks ago and I'm hooked! Good luck with it and enjoy playing with your new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's actually quite fun, and a really nice record of work done. I'm off to have a look at yours now.

    ReplyDelete