Saturday 10 September 2011

Not so nicey Jane, but very lovely Laura

Let's start off with Nicey Jane.  I don't like her anymore! We had a falling out when my machine munched part of a block.  The problem arose when I realised I didn't have enough fabric to make another one.  The quilt is smaller than intended, but hey ho, lesson learned.

Then I decided on a really simple zig zag quilt to echo the pattern. I waited till i'd finished to look behind and realise the tension was off. (My machine is *supposed* to have auto tension).  Here is a photo.  Incomplete, as it shall remain until I calm down a bit.... It's now at the bottom of the pile.  I think next time I'll wait till daylight and charge the camera rather than snap with the phone.



I had help! But he is so cute he may as well be included.



Next order of business, the lovely Laura has just emailed me to say I've won her fantastic give away over at  Needles Pins and Baking tins  it's a very yummy bundle of "England Swings" courtesy of the lovely people of Moona Fabrics. Go and have a look, I love them both and of course I'm not biased in any way! ;)
The fabrics are perfect for my mother in laws Christmas present.  She'll be getting a table runner and some hot pads ssshhhh! They match her kitchen colours and style so well.


I have to say that whilst I'm only have one follower I do seem to get quite a few people looking. Just in case anyone was wondering why I haven't posted in a few weeks this is why.
Introducing Isis and Hestia


Let's hope for sticky thoughts over the next couple of weeks.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win from Laura and on the twins-- best of luck to you!! Cool photos! I'm new to quilting, too and I'm your 2nd follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't believe I've actually won something! Not only that, the fabric is gorgeous.

    The embryos haven't had chance to attach yet, fingers crossed they do. They're tucked in, let's hope they like their new home. We won't find out for a little while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and perhaps more exciting news to come??

    Marvellous to see the very beginning! Wow! Thinking sticky thoughts - hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you need following for such fabulously amazing news! Congratulation and the best of luck with the twins and your blog - triplets really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers and toes crossed the twins are comfy and happy in their new home and stay put. Congratulations on winning Laura's giveaway. Great fabric to add to your rapidly growing stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed that Isis and Hestia make themselves right at home and snuggle in for the long run - good luck (and don't fret about Nicey Jane - she'll realise the error of her ways and behave next time she's on the machine!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muchos sticky thoughts sent your way Sasha! Hoping and praying the 2WW goes quickly for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for sticky sticky twins! Those are such neat names! :):)

    ReplyDelete