Thursday 3 April 2014

Summer Sewing

On the off chance we get warm weather that lasts i've been making summer dresses.  These are all from the Geranium pattern.  I'm a huge fan, it's quick and easy and has enough variations to keep it interesting.

I was in a bit of a hurry, dd tried on last years dresses yesterday.  I was hoping that they might work as tunics this year, but her tubby belly was poking out, so I had to whip up some new ones.



This first was was my size tester with very cheap fabric.  It's worked well, I've made a size 3 (dd is 20 months), I took about an inch off the width, but left the length.  She's tall but scrawny.  This will definitely see her through the summer.



I bought this fabric a while ago, I'd seen lots of similar dresses in this more traditional style.  I have to admit, it wasn't until the very end that I fell in love with it.  I would like to think of it as Belgian style children's clothing?!?



This is one of my favourite fabrics.  I've had it for a couple of years and not done anything with it.  I do however think it was made for a dress like this. I can't wait for the sun to come out so dd can start wearing it!

I feel I've perfected the method of the Geranium, now, do I have the confidence to cut into the Liberty fabric?

1 comment: